Webinar (26 August 2021): Cross-border dispute resolution in Asia Pacific
Join Anna Kirk of Bankside Chambers Limited, Auckland and Edward Taylor of Shearman & Sterling LLP, Hong Kong for a webinar with Practical Law writers Abigail Milburn, Shan-Ree Tan and Bryan Jung where they discuss:
- An overview of international dispute resolution options and framework in the Asia Pacific region, in particular, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- How to prepare effective dispute resolution clauses.
- Comparing litigation and arbitration.
- Similarities and differences in procedures and technical aspects such as third party funding and interim measures.
- Pros and cons such as finality, appealability, and costs.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral decisions.
- A case study of a business selling into a foreign market: evaluating different dispute resolution options available.
A complimentary dispute resolution toolkit curated by Practical Law's subject matter experts will be shared with webinar attendees, highlighting relevant Asia Pacific resources available on Practical Law's site.
Register here: http://ow.ly/m3hF50FSiqI
An application for CPD accreditation has been submitted to the Law Society of Hong Kong.